I don’t believe nor think I expressed my appreciation to you enough for having supported us to make “Digital Transformation – Evolving a Digitally Enabled Nigerian Public Service” Abuja Book Launch a huge success. This goes to all who participated, supported us with prayers and finances, those who planned to attend but couldn’t be with us for one reason or the other, as well as those who did not give notice and wished they had informed us earlier. I decided to do this letter ahead of the post book launch activity conceptualization just to express my sincere appreciation and to say a very big THANK YOU to you all. However, our eagerness to bring this message to fruition is now more invigorated hence the need to fulfil your understandable curiosity on what is next. This way I continue to gather all inspirations, materials and thoughts together and present same to you in comprehensive details by the coming weeks and months.
- Meanwhile, let us all be grateful to His Royal Majesty, Ewuare N’Ogidigan OBA EWAURE II (Oba of Benin) for putting a touch of magic on our effort, delegating two Benin High Chiefs (Obadolaye of Benin – Chief Victor Osa Uzamere and Obarenogae of Benin – Chief Osarogiabon Monosa) to grace the occasion, for receiving my humble self in His Palace and for the prayers and blessings placed on me; Mr Frank Irabor, His Majesty’s secretary for supporting us all through the entire process as well as the entire Palace and Chiefs’ of the great Benin Kingdom.
- Many thanks and appreciation to our amiable Prof Joy Omoavowere Emagbetere for an excellent book review and presentation; Mr Ajibade Yusuf for a great presentation on financing digital transformation in government and private sector; Mr Larry Chris Bates for exploring the blockchain technology field for us as it relates to land titles.
- Many thanks to – Mr Anil Yerramreddy; Mr Efe Ikporo and Edgestone Consulting limited for their excellent support and strengthen of purpose; Mrs Modupe Wealth of Spectre event planner for delivering an excellent venue; Mr Samson Makanju our publicist; Peter Okorocha my able body supporter.
- Many thanks to Patricia Emodi our sweet voice; members of ECOBA class 90 set that attended (Ikuero, Abebe, Olague, Edomwonyi-Otu, Ikporo); Dr Sharlywest Eboigbe of the University of Benin; Prof Saad Ahmed, Akanimo Udoh, Nuhu Kazachiyang, Saidu Obajenwu, Caroline Ayeh and Chidi Nwosu our Abuja mission support crew members; Olarenwaju Fagbodun and Maria Negreiros our Vienna mission support crew members.
- Many thanks to my senior brother Mr Soni Irabor of SIL inspiration FM923 (Please view part one of our conversation here); Mr Ayodeji Ogunro our volunteer photographer (see event photo collection); Alhaji Sale Abdullahi, President NNPC PENGASSAN and Alhaji Awwal Hayatu NNPC London Office for their brotherly support.
- Many thanks to our media partners – Guardian, Punch and Leadership newspapers; Independent Television Abuja, Silverbird Television Lagos, Mr Vincent Martin Iloh of O&M show on AIT, Voice of Nigeria, NTA, etc.
- Many thanks to our numerous supporters and sponsors – Edgestone Consulting, NIDOE, Bitland Global, Bitland Nigeria, Dokita247, Gradient, PAL Pensions, Aphropean Partners, Soni Irabor Live (SIL), NTA, etc.
- Many thanks to Abuja press corps for covering the event and the massive publicity campaign.
- We thank all book launch attendees and all who supported us that were not able to be there.
- We also thank in advance, all those who pledge to follow and support us with the post launch activities. We are together in this for the long haul.
On behalf of the organizing committee and my family, please accept our highest consideration.
Mr Jacobs Edo